Sunday, March 27, 2016

Spring Blues

Spring is here. My cars are green with pollen, and I survived my spring cold. The hills are brilliant green, and will certainly still be green on my birthday. 
But I'm still unsettled. 

Work is nice: I get to work with a bunch of nice people on a early iMac "network". Since I got assigned the IT guru in the first week, I now get to learn more stuff (like how to uninstall Office 2008 from a 2007 iMac).  The commute is great, and the "other duties as assigned" includes walking this lovely, sweet pile of fur called Spicer. The commute has no traffic, and one of the best curvy roads in the area. 
Why am I still not happy?

Glenn and family have moved back into the area, and I get to see them every so often, which is always a blast. Mom is thrilled they're back.  She's doing OK, playing bridge, needlepointing and dealing with tech.  
But I still worry about her. 

For some unknown reason I've lost 20 pounds in the last 8 months. More sleep?  Cooking for myself? Strep Throat?  
I should be thrilled.  

The best I can manage is content. 
That's not a bad place to be - certainly a step up from sleep deprived and stressed.  I just don't know where to go next. 



No comments:

Post a Comment