Saturday, March 12, 2016

About the cats...

Original Post Date: Sunday, January 17, 2010

Rusty: the gray squares are 6" apart. 
It occurs to me that I haven't introduced the cats!
Rusty is a BIG very light orange tabby with huge golden eyes and white eye liner.  He is actually a light peach color with brown over it and the only tabby markings he has are the M on his forehead and the stripes on his tail.  He is a long hair, with many of the attributes of a Maine Coon. No ear tufts, but some cheek tufts and loooong toe tufts. He's about 18 pounds. He definitely has a Maine Coon muzzle, which is one of the things I love.  For scale - the tiles are 6 inches between the gray corners.

Tigger: well I haven't gotten a really good look, but she's sort of a tortie over white, DSH with green eyes. She's about twice as wide as she should be. 

January 17: Sunday. 
Rusty is running around the house, very happy to be petted, brushed and played with. 
Tigger still won't come out of her carrier. That's a good thing - I want to take her to the vet and I know that if she gets out of the bathroom, I will not be able to get her back into the carrier. Ever. She'll be under the bed. And I've already lost that fight once. 
So, just as we leaving for the return visit to Urgent care, I get a call from animal services. They are here to quarantine the cat!! Oops. Well, it's pretty late and we are leaving for the doctor so he says he can do this over the phone. That's good. I assure him that the cat is confined and not going to bite anyone else. I promised to FAX over her vaccination history just as soon as I can find it. And yes, I'll inform them if the cat is dead before the 10 days are over!! Really? 

That leads to another flurry of calls - but no one has the cat's vet history, nor is anyone sure of the name of the vet except that they are "near a Safeway". Well, there are 5 Safeways close to where I live. I have some calling to do. Eventually, someone comes up with Miramonte, but the last records they have are 2003 when Rusty was a kitten. They're never seen Tigger. Oh well, I'm gonna die of Rabies.


One of the things I found out about in the calls:  my neighbor passed on Friday night after I collected the cats.  It was like she had one last task - to see that her cats were home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment