Saturday, March 12, 2016

Vet Night

Originally Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I decided to go with Adobe Animal Hospital for a several reasons: they have provided discount work for Maine Coon Rescue, they were nice to Mom, and they have appointments until 10pm! This is perfect for after work. 

First, I got a message on my answering machine from Animal control stating that if the cat was still alive, she was released from quarantine. Lovely. 

Mom volunteered to help with the cats, but I don't think she realized how heavy they were. The little red wagon was helpful in getting them to the car. 

I went into the exam room with Tigger, and it soon became clear that they would have to sedate her just to examine her. She was fighting the vet and the attendant. While the attendant put her under, I brought Rusty in to see the Vet. 

He walked out of the carrier like he owned the place and was a perfect gentleman. Well, we think he's a boy - there's so much fur that even the vet couldn't tell without a more "thorough" exam. We decided to let him alone. He's very healthy, and surprisingly, chipped! According to them, he's only 16 Pounds. Yeah, right.


Back to Tigger. I find out why she fought so hard and bit - she’s declawed. Poor little girl.  She’s 15 pounds, way too heavy especially considering she’s really a small cat!  She should weigh about 10 pounds.  They took blood and urine samples because I suspect that she has some renal disease - she drinks way too much for a cat her size. She also got a chip.  Not that she’s likely to run anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment