Saturday, March 12, 2016

Now you see her!

Original Post: Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Well, Tigger has taken to sleeping in the cat bed, especially if I have the “Snuggle Safe” is in it.  She will rest there so long as I have my back to her, or am working on the computer.  If I turn to look at her, she dashes back under the bed.
    Here’s the bad news - the vet has diagnosed her with kidney disease.  Stage 4, and there is not a lot I can do to help her.  He thinks she will make it about 9 months - and suggested a Kidney diet.  We both know I'm not going to be able to do subcutaneous fluid infusions. Considering Silverfeet only lasted about 3 months from Stage 2 to dead on the KD food, I'm going to just keep feeding her the good stuff.   

Rusty’s love of Q-Tips has led to a new trick.  He can now open the drawer and dump the box of Q-Tips, and spread them all over the floor!  Oh joy!  Now I have to find a childproof lock for the drawer.

(Shameless plug here for a great product: “Snuggle Safe” a perfectly safe and convenient pet bed warmer.  Can usually be found at Pet Food Express or online and worth every cent of the price especially if you have an old cat, kittens, or a freezing room.  Mine is over 5 years old and still working nicely. http://www.snugglesafe.ca/)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment