Saturday, March 12, 2016

Playtime & treat time

Original Post: Monday, March 15, 2010
Ok, I never claimed that Rusty was the smartest cat around.  He didn’t know how to eat treats out of hand!  I thought every cat learned that as a kitten.  Ella would sit up on command for her treats. 
    But, with patience I’ve finally gotten Rusty to take the treat directly from my hand, and he is beginning to learn to sit up for it.  
    On the other hand, Tigger had no trouble taking the treat right out of my hand, but there is no way she is going to sit up for her treats. 

I got the cats a new little red laser - I seem to lose a lot of these.  Rusty plays with them, but he also seems afraid of it.  Well, Tigger was watching us play, and decided to show him how to catch a light.  And she walked up to the red dot and pounced on it.  

    I’ve been worrying about toys for her because 1. she frightens easily, and she is de-clawed.  Bells are out, and any toy that might hurt her paws, but the red dot can’t hurt her. The only precaution to take with lasers is to 1. never look at them, and 2. BE SURE THE CAT CAN’T LOOK DIRECTLY AT THEM.  Even a small laser can do permanent damage  to the eye.  Be very careful about reflections - lasers reflect much more strongly than normal lights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment